Welcome to my little piece of cyberspace...

Hi there!
In July-2008,I finally decided to open my particular window to the Scrapping world. I hope you like what you read and see, and I also hope that you share your creativity with me, I'd love to see your projects!!

Thanks for stopping by and feel free to either leave a comment or email me.

“The only thing that can stop us from accessing our creativity is fear… fear of failure, fear of our own limitations, of comparisons, of success, and the list goes on.” — Maria Mikailas

Monday, July 28, 2008

Blog prompt 16. July 28th, 2008. My Freedom, Shimelle's class.

Here I go today!!

16 - Tell your blog readers about someone who has been a creative influence in your life -- a crafty mum, aunt or grandparent, an influential school teacher or a friend who brought out your creative side, perhaps.

Well, I know I've always been kind of creative; as a child, I loved arts and crafts and did a great job at school. As a teenager, I used to wear colorful clothes and was so imaginative with my outfits when going out with friends.

As an adult, I knew scrapbooking was waiting for me since the beginning...


Someone creative in my life?? Let me think...
My dad's mom, who passed away a few years ago, used to do beautiful pieces of crocheted stuff as well as blankets out of squares of different kind of fabrics.
My dad has great hands; he can repair almost everything he finds broken, he has a great imagination when trying to find the way to repair stuff. When I was a child I used to stare at him while he was working in his room, his "laboratory" as he calls it, and I loved that feeling.
I can't think of anybody else right now...

As for my creative side, I don't remember how I discover scrapbooking but when I first went to the USA as an au pair for a year, I knew that it was one of the first things I wanted to explore.
I love to be able to express myself through paper & cardstock, scissors, glue,... paint, chipboard, brads & eyelets, ribbons & buttons...

I believe everyone has a creative side inside and that, if we dicover it and let it flow, we'll feel better...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Last sentence so true! Grandmother's sure seem to be crafty - in a good way! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails